Kind of a simple question

From: John Martyniak (
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 10:46:46 EDT

    How many connections to the DB does Cayenne use, when used with Servlets?
    Does it maintain a single connection, or does it maintain a pool of

    Also does Cayenne have any sort of Object Locking mechanism? Or does that
    need to be custom developed? Because I will have customers creating and
    updating records.

    The reason that I ask is that I currently use another ORM, that uses one (I
    think that it is two actually) connection to the DB when used in a Servlet

    I am getting ready to start a new project and would like to try it with
    Cayenne, but I have some concerns.

    Thanks in advance for the information.