RE: Extensive DEBUG Logging when using a WebApplicationListener

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..laraview.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 11:57:27 EDT

    Tomcat uses commons-digester to do its XML parsing. Digester is very noisy
    in debug mode, which is the logging level Cayenne defaults to.

    You can override this with your own logging settings. If you're using log4j
    in your project, add this to your log4j.properties file:

    log4j.logger.org.apache = INFO

    If you're not, Cayenne is using it anyway, so you can make a
    log4j.properties file in your classes folder (see the Log4j docs for how
    this should look) and add a commons-logging.properties file to your classes
    folder that has the following:

    org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
    log4j.configuration=log4j.properties

    Of course, you can also turn down log4j logging at runtime but config files
    are your best bet because this noise is probably happening before your code
    would ever be executed.

    Cris

    e/struts/resources/struts-config_1_0.dtd'
    > DEBUG Digester: register('-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
    > Struts Configuration 1.1//EN', 'jar:file:/C:/Documents and
    > Settings/Stefaan/Mijn
    > documenten/WorkSpace/Cayenne/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar!/org/apach
    e/struts/resources/struts-config_1_1.dtd'