primary key generation

From: Jonathan Carlson (Jonathan.Carlso..atun.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 10:55:27 EDT

    I apologize in advance if I somehow missed the answer to this question
    in the documentation.

    I have a situation where I register a new instance (that uses a
    Cayenne-generated PK), populate the instance, then commit the
    transaction.

    Am I right in assuming that, after the commit, I should be able to
    discover the new primary key value by asking the instance (I still have
    a reference to it) for it's ObjectId? I'm really just asking if there
    is some gotcha that I need to be aware of in this situation.

    (I'm using 1.1M7 -- I know I need to upgrade -- and it doesn't seem to
    be working the way I expected so I thought I'd make an inquiry about
    it)

    Thanks!

    Jonathan

    the system manager.

    Katun Corporation -- Celebrating 25 Years of Service
    www.katun.com