Re: filtering to-many relationship list

From: McDaniel, Joe (mcdanij..igr.org)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 09:04:59 EDT

    My early mistake with Cayenne (and would probably apply to most OO database
    mappers) is that I thought from the top of the query down (or left to right)
    while OO seems to work best thinking from the bottom up (or right to left).
    In simple terms, choose your base object at or close to the end of the list
    of joins and work backwards. That way you don't have to do as much work in
    code and can achieve what you want most of the time in SQL albeit generated
    by code.

    Best,

    Joe