Re: postgres PK serial column insert error

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 15:05:19 EDT

    Jason Dwyer <Jason.Dwye..edata.com.au> wrote:
    > from memory, the more recent EOF (at least the mac OSX eomodeler) was
    > making use of jdbc3.0 features.
    >
    > argh, perhaps i should quit my moanin, checkout cayenne from cvs and
    > take a looks see...cos so far, so good, it just sent me back to see the
    > auto_pk_table, thats all..:)

    auto_pk_table is the best generic method for handling any database primary
    key generation.

    For databases that support other methods, cayenne either does (or can be
    modified to) support those other generation methods (Oracle and OpenBase
    proprietary primary key generation methods are both supported).

    Not all databases support jdbc3.0. OpenBase only announced support for
    jdbc3.0 in the next (8.0.4) release.

    -Mike