Re: Generating ObjEntities from DbEntities

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 20:11:31 EDT

    On Sep 28, 2004, at 6:20 PM, Shengaout Misha MARC - External wrote:

    > I have created DbEntities in the modeler. Is there a way to generate
    > ObjEntities from the DbEntities automatically rather than having to
    > create them one-by-one?

    Hi Misha,

    Welcome back to Cayenne ;-)

    Re: your question - currently there is no easy way to do this
    automatically. You will have to manually create ObjEntities for all
    DbEntities, and then do a "sync" one by one (I am sure you figured it
    out already). Another idea is to generate the actual DB schema from
    DbEntities, and then do a reverse engineering run. Sounds kind of
    backwards, but it should do the trick.

    Also what you are requesting should be pretty easy to add. So you can
    either open a feature request
    (http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/bugs-features.html) or develop this
    yourself (if you have such opportunity these days).

    Andrus