Flattened relationships example

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobrya..ac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 06:18:27 EDT

    I need to do a many-to-many mapping for the first time, and I've read
    the appropriate parts of the User and Modeler guide and am still a
    little unclear about how exactly to do it.

    Here's what I want:

    I have a bunch of students and a bunch of courses. I'd like each
    student to be mapped to several (8, actually) classes, and each course
    to be mapped back to all the students that are in it. I have student
    and course dbEntities, both of which have auto-generated integer PKs.

    I realize I need to create a table in which a single row contains the
    student id and the course id and then use this to create a
    relationship, but I'm not clear how to do it.

    Could somebody walk me through it?

    Thanks,
    Todd