Unique fields

From: Steve Wells (stwell..wnmail.net)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 23:39:28 EDT

    I think it would be nice to be able to flag a set of columns that would
    make each row unique (for insert), much like using natural keys. This
    is a lazy way of saying, I dont want to have to check if a set of field
    values exist in the table before I insert.

    Example:
    A user can register on a web site using their email address. Using
    generated keys they can keep registering unless my code checks for the
    existance of their email address before inserting.

    I'd like to just mark the "email address" column as unique in the
    modeller and have the DB layer throw an exception if the unique
    constraint fails.

    Not sure if this is already possible using validation, couldn't see
    anything there.

    Thanks,

    Steve