Re: [ANN] Cayenne RC1 Release

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 17:05:39 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > There is lots of Modeler improvements in RC1, but I urge everyone to
    > check out "Tools -> Preferences" - I am sure you will love "Local
    > DataSource" feature. This is so cool and saves me personally an
    > incredible amount of time:

    This has been nice. I've noticed that it doesn't always save the username
    of the DataSource, although it did once for one data source later on. It
    always saves the rest of the info, though, including password.

    > - reverse/forward engineering is no longer an exercise in typing.

    I'm attempting to copy an Oracle9 to Oracle9 schema using the
    reverse/forward engineering.

    It worked better than trying to recreate it from my existing schema, but I'm
    still getting some inconsistencies. It doesn't appear to pick up existing
    Oracle sequences. I'm also seeing some odd "inserted value is too large
    for column" errors, but unfortunately DBUnit is horrible for reporting what
    data it's trying to insert, so I don't know for sure it's a porting problem.

    I've never tried using these features before, so I can't really compare.
    Up to this point, I've always just worked with my imported EOModel.

    -Mike