Re: [ANN] Cayenne RC1 Release

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 22:17:57 EDT

    On Oct 4, 2004, at 5:05 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
    > I've noticed that it doesn't always save the username
    > of the DataSource, although it did once for one data source later on.
    > It
    > always saves the rest of the info, though, including password.

    Hmm, just doublechecked the code again - there is nothing special about
    user name... strange. As preferences Modeler subsystem is itself
    Cayenne-based, cayenne SQL log should be generated in
    ~/.cayenne/modeler.log. Do you see any weirdness in the update queries
    in that file?

    >> - reverse/forward engineering is no longer an exercise in typing.
    >
    > I'm attempting to copy an Oracle9 to Oracle9 schema using the
    > reverse/forward engineering.
    >
    > .... It doesn't appear to pick up existing Oracle sequences.

    Well, yeah, Cayenne does not reverse engineer sequences.

    > I'm also seeing some odd "inserted value is too large for column"
    > errors, but unfortunately DBUnit is horrible for reporting what data
    > it's trying to insert, so I don't know for sure it's a porting
    > problem.

    Also not sure sure what this is. If you manage to get to the cause,
    please let me know.

    Andrus