Re: [ANN] Cayenne RC1 Release -- modeler DataSource update

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 22:40:59 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > On Oct 4, 2004, at 5:05 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
    > > I've noticed that it doesn't always save the username
    > > of the DataSource, although it did once for one data source later on.
    > > It
    > > always saves the rest of the info, though, including password.
    >
    > Hmm, just doublechecked the code again - there is nothing special about
    > user name... strange. As preferences Modeler subsystem is itself
    > Cayenne-based, cayenne SQL log should be generated in
    > ~/.cayenne/modeler.log. Do you see any weirdness in the update queries
    > in that file?

    CayenneModeler INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0 10-04 12:49:49]
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger: INSERT INTO db_connection_info
    (db_adapter, domain_preference_id, id, jdbc_driver, password, url,
    user_name) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
    CayenneModeler INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0 10-04 12:49:49]
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger: [bind:
    'org.objectstyle.cayenne.dba.oracle.OracleAdapter', NULL, 221,
    'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver', 'wwwwwwww',
    'jdbc:oracle:thin..xxxxx.com:1521:xxxxxx', NULL]

    I see a null value bound to user_name when it should have been 'testcode'.
    And later for a second connection, it is non-null.

    I wonder if it's a GUI problem like in EOModeler where the input field
    doesn't "save" or set the value until you focus out of the field? Or maybe
    it was just user error and I didn't do what I thought I did.

    Looking at the log, I realize that the settings only get updated in the edit
    screen, not the connect screen, so there were only two updates -- first one
    failed, second didn't -- so maybe the first time through I somehow mangled
    the process.