ExtendedType for subclasses entities?

From: Terry Wilcox (Terry.Wilco..ntero.com)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 17:58:50 EDT

    We have some extended types that work fine for base entities, but when
    we map them as attributes on an entity subclass they don't get used.

    For example:

    We have a Reservoir class with a volume (numeric) attribute. We can map
    that volume attribute to an OilVolume class and getVolume returns an
    OilVolume object..

    If we subclass Reservoir as OilReservoir and GasReservoir, then map
    volume to OilVolume and GasVolume in their respective subclasses,
    getVolume returns a BigDecimal for both subclasses.

    Has anybody else seen this behaviour?

    Thanks,

    Terry Wilcox

    Terry.wilco..ntero.com