RE: Modeler Question

From: Gentry, Michael (michael_gentr..anniemae.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 14:27:49 EDT

    I've wondered the same thing and this could probably be a feature
    request. I'd be happy to open one for you if you haven't registered
    with the Cayenne JIRA system, yet (I can hear Andrus groaning from here
    ;-) ...

    I *think* there are already bits in the modeler to know which DbEntities
    (or at least ObjEntities) have changed. It would be pretty cool if that
    information could be written to the underlying embedded HSQLDB engine.
    When the Sync ObjEntity with DbEntity or even Generate Classes is
    selected, it could query which ones have been modified and allow you to
    select those. Even better, that information would persist across
    multiple modeler sessions, so you'd be even less likely to forget it.

    Anyone else have thoughts about this? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

    /dev/mrg