Re: Expression toString... Possible bug

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 21:37:08 EDT

    On Oct 6, 2004, at 12:33 PM, Budhiraja, Nikhil wrote:

    > after debugging, it looks like the 'parent' for the expression is
    > never
    > set if I build and add the expressions individually... And hence the
    > 'encodeAsString' doesn't put the parenthesis in the right place.

    Nikhil,

    You are absolutely correct - this was the problem with parent being
    null triggering different "toString" behavior. I just fixed it in CVS.
    The fix is very clean and seems to affect all places where it used to
    break (at least "anExp", "orExp", "joinExp" and "deepCopy").

    This will be in tomorrow's nightly build. If you find other places
    where the old behavior shows up, please open a JIRA ticket (I sure say
    this a lot lately :-)).

    Andrus