Cayenne, Oracle and Date-based queries...

From: Julien Vignali (julien.vignal..im.hcuge.ch)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 08:28:34 EDT

    Hello everybody,
    I recently switched to Cayenne for our medical query application on a Oracle
    9i DB, so my Cayenne's knowledge is still limited. So far, everything is
    working great and smoothly except when it comes date-based queries.

    For example :

    // doesn't work (i.e. no rows returned)
    SELECT t0.patientsname FROM imagedev.patients t0 WHERE (t0.birthdt =
    '1953-05-31')

    // works (x rows returned)
    SELECT t0.patientsname FROM imagedev.patients t0 WHERE (t0.birthdt =
    TO_DATE('1953-05-31','YYYY-MM-DD'))

    Is there a way to add some oracle SQL functions such as "TO_DATE()" in an
    Qualifier or should I use SQLTemplate instead since it is db
    vendor-dependant functionality ? Does Cayenne can be aware of the
    NLS_PARAMETERS and use them ?

    Thanks :-)
    Julien