NullPointerException in call to DataContext.createDataContext()

From: Marcia Corprew (marcia.corpre..ccesspointinc.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 16:27:52 EDT

    A former co-worker successfully used cayenne in other environments, however
    I'm trying to mirror the environment on my own machine and am getting the
    error below when I start my application. Between the cayenne documentation
    and by looking at our other working environments, it appears that I have the
    libraries and appropriate cayenne files in the correct location. When I
    start Tomcat, my cayenne initialization appears to be okay with no reported
    errors. (The output indicates that all maps and xml files were loaded, the
    database connection pool was created and my specified domain was added.)

    I've searched the entire archive, but to no avail. I'm sure it's a basic
    error but I've searched for longer than I care to admit for a solution and
    am hoping someone has the patience to get me on the right path. If I need
    to provide more detail, let me know. I've been thrown to the wolves in
    regards to Cayenne and my crash course isn't going very smoothly.

    The offending line of code:
        DataContext context = DataContext.createDataContext();

    The error:
    File name:
    C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28\webapps\new_recon\WEB-INF\classes\bstResaleConvert.
    class
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.createDataContext(DataContext.jav
    a:151)
            at
    api.reconciliation.conversion.BellSouthResaleConverter.processRows(BellSouth
    ResaleConverter.java:63)
            at
    api.reconciliation.conversion.BellSouthResaleConverter.<init>(BellSouthResal
    eConverter.java:43)
            at bstResaleConvert.main(bstResaleConvert.java:33)

    Tx,
    Marcia