Identifying changed fields

From: Steve Steinitz (steinit..atatactics.com.au)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 19:29:27 EDT

    Hello,

    My apologies if this is an FAQ -- I couldn't find anything in my
    quick searches in the docs, list archives, api and google.

    I need to make an audit trail of changes to an object. Is there
    support in the API for identifying, at commitChanges time, properties
    which differ from the database? Also, would I do this comparison at
    validation time?

    DataRow.createDiff is tantalizing but I can't quite see how to use it
    for this purpose.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    ps. let me take this opportunity to acknowledge Andrus' tireless,
        patient and competant work in keeping this list an excellent
        source of information -- I believe I would speak for everyone