Re: DATETIME type in mysql?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 20:18:00 EDT

    On Oct 14, 2004, at 3:44 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Bleah, I meant CAY-201, not 79. Of course 79 does the inverse of what
    > you
    > asked for for OpenBase, so it's still a good example :)
    >
    > http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-201

    Adding to what Mike said, I want to point out again that when you map
    an attribute in the Modeler, you select a JDBC type from the dropdown.
    JDBC types are generic and DB-independent. They are mapped to each DB
    set of types via adapter types.xml. types.xml is only used during the
    table schema generation *in the Modeler*. Runtime is not affected, so
    for example you can manually modify schema script replacing TIMESTAMP
    with DATETIME, and keep using JDBC TIMESTAMP in the mapping.

    Also I would appreciate if you post this MySQL-specific case as a
    comment for CAY-201. I am already thinking we should provide an extra
    column in the modeler to optionally allow DB-specific types to be
    selected manually. This should help for cases like this one and
    generally add more flexibility.

    Thanks
    Andrus