Re: out of memory error

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 13:35:55 EDT

    Oliver,

    The easiest way to see whether you have some unneeded massive fetches
    and generally to understand what Cayenne is doing behind the scenes is
    to turn on SQL logging
    (http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/deploy/logging.html).

    If you don't see anything suspicious in the logs (like "returned
    10000000 rows" for a select query), then your app is leaking elsewhere.
    If you do, you'll need to see what triggered such query (and when). I
    suspect you are somehow tripping to-many relationships from lookup
    tables pointing to consumer, triggering unneeded consumer fetch. In
    most cases you may actually remove such relationships from the mapping
    (and a Java class) all together.

    Andrus