Re: Re: filtering to-many relationship list

From: Jürgen Saar (jsaa..eb.de)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 06:04:39 EDT

    > But there is a little bell in the back of my head.
    >
    > It warns me that there is a possible risk we are unwillingly mixing the
    > model of the framework with the model of our business. If a
    > relationship is a qualifyable object, you could try to model it that
    > way. The chances are it should be modeled that way. Or maybe take a
    > step backwards and rethink that part of your model. Maybe your
    > relationship target class needs an overhaul.
    > Of course, if you need to keep some legacy "logical" datamodel
    > unaltered, you must be creative too, I know.

    There a several people who use cayenne to do a kind
    of EAI ... there is a legacy software system,
    historically grown over the years (in my case since 1987)
    The Database-Design is fixed and there is no way
    of modelling. Part of the database design is horrible,
    and cayenne sometimes is treated very bad for that.