Re: Batching faults?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 17:31:57 EDT

    "Gentry, Michael" <michael_gentr..anniemae.com> wrote:
    > OK, I hope this isn't a silly question.
    >
    > To do my initial caching, I maintain a list of unfetched ObjectIds which
    > I batch fetch in using QueryUtils.selectQueryForIds(List). If I get
    > this custom batch faulting handler working, it would make more sense (I
    > think) to convert my caching mechanism over to using the custom batch
    > faulting handler.
    >
    > What's the best way to create faults (or hollow objects) on my own?
    > Would it be sufficient to create instances of the class, set the state
    > to hollow, and then set the ObjectId (which I'm already creating)? Then
    > the custom batch faulter could resolve those, too.

    Yet another place for me to provide probably-incorrect advice! :)

    I was looking through the cayenne 1.1RC1 code today to see how I might go
    about creating an EOGenericRecord-like object rather than a specific
    instance, and came across just that very thing...

    Take a look at "public DataObject DataContext.registeredObject(ObjectId
    oid)."

    It takes an ObjectID and creates a "hollow" object fault. Sounds ideal for
    your situation.

    -Mike