Query certain attributes

From: Williams, Beth (beth.william..FIB.ORG)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 17:32:01 EDT

    I have just started working with Cayenne and have a pretty basic question related to querying. Is there a way to only query certain attributes from a db table. From the examples I've seen so far (SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(Artist.class);) all attributes are returned; equivalent to a SELECT * FROM xxx_table;. Is it possible (and if so, how) to query only certain attributes; equivalent to SELECT painting_title, estimated_price FROM painting;.

    Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

    Beth