Re: Weird Behaviour with Nullify rule

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 20:34:41 EDT

    Hi Jorge,

    On Oct 21, 2004, at 11:15 AM, Jorge Sopena wrote:
    > I receive the PK for this path and search the object:
    > Path  path =
    > (Path)DataObjectUtils.objectForPK(dataContext,Path.class,new
    > Long(pk));
    > //I see the query in the log

    That line already looks weird... As your Path object is in memory,
    there shouldn't be a query, and a cached object should be used. So at
    this point things have already gone wrong... :-/

    It is very likely that ObjectId for Path created via Cayenne uses
    "Integer" for id, not "Long"... I may need to check that. We already
    have a bug report showing how different data types in joins can lead to
    inconsistencies
    (http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-191), this
    could be something similar. So if you replace "new Long(pk)" with "new
    Integer(pk)", does it change anything?

    BTW, I am still undecided on the best way to fix CAY-191 and generally
    make ObjectId type-agnostic without sacrificing too much performance...

    Andrus