Random record

From: Jason Vasquez (jaso..ugfu.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 14:19:34 EDT

    Hi all:

    I've got an oddball question here...

    I'd like to randomly pick a record out of a table. I did
    this previously with JDBC/Scrollable ResultSets (pick a
    random number in the range of the number of rows, and jump
    around the ResultSet picking out records) I suppose I could
    still do this, and just obtain PKs to later load up DataObject's,
    but I was wondering if someone could think of something else?

    Can anyone offer any advice as to how such a thing could be
    accomplished with Cayenne?

    Thanks,
    Jason