Re: .NET object-to-relational mapping

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 14:53:27 EDT

    > Does anyone know of a good .NET object-to-relational persistence layer
    > (open source or commercial), as powerful as Cayenne?

    NEO (http://neo.codehaus.org/) is written by long-time NeXTstepper &
    all-around Übercoder Erik Dörnenburg, with whom I worked from 1997 to
    ~2000 in a company doing OpenStep/WebObjects stuff. Rumor has it that NEO
    is very similar to EOF (and therefore Cayenne), for completely
    coincidental reasons. :-)
    M$ also had something planned called ObjectSpaces (~ JDO with XPath/XQuery
    as graph traversal language) but AFAIK it has been cancelled/retargetted
    for inclusion in Longhorn or whatever. IOW it's dead.

    Holger