Re: transient relations

From: Jürgen Saar (jsaa..eb.de)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 05:42:03 EDT

    > > there are several own methods in my DataObject.
    > > The problem comes up with my XML-Export-Class.
    > > There I build an XML-Stream with all Attributes
    > > and Relations of the DataObject. The process of
    > > generating the xml informations is completely
    > > driven by the repository. The other way would
    > > be to analyze the DataObjects via reflection,
    > > but the repository way is very fine for all
    > > generic classes. Even if you think about
    > > reporting, like JasperReports, such transient
    > > informations are needed.
    >
    > Can you give a specific example? I don't think I understand what you're
    > trying to do. An example might clear it up for me.

    Actually I have this problem:

    I've go an order object in my database an there is an archive of scanned documents.
    From the achive I can get a list of URLs of document belonging to this order.

    So what I want is to setup a relation that transparently offers this URLs,
    as if they were read from the database.

    I've solved this by creating a DbEntity plus ObjEntity for the URLs
    and an readonly-relation from order to urls.
    The handling was put in the order object in readProperty().

    But I'm not shure if this is the right way.