Cayenne returning a resultset?

From: Twan Kogels (twa..wansoft.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 15:36:42 EST

    Hello all,

    Maybe i have over looked the solution in the documentation, but i can't
    seem to find a solution for the following problem, which is kind of simple.

    I've got a sql query which results in 2 fields which are not part of any
    object in my datamap.

    select name, stat from user

    Without using cayenne i do above query with JDBC (connection, prepared
    statement, resultset) directly and extract the row values from the resultset.

    I've looked at SQLTemplate and SelectQuery but they all require a object
    which is in the datamap.

    Is there a nice way to make cayenne do a query and retrieve the row value's
    in a manner without using a object. Or should i just use JDBC and directly
    access the database.

    Kind regards,
    Twan Kogels