Paging through data

From: Andreas Pardeike (andrea..ardeike.net)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 09:11:21 EST

    Hi List,

    I am using Tapestry with a table component and inside that
    component, I would like to display a result set of only 'n'
    rows. The total search result can be quite large so I get
    OutOfMemoryError when I try to read in the whole result into
    objects. Also, inside the table component, the sort column
    is given so it would be best if I could simply run a query
    that would search, sort and then i.e. return rows 20 - 29.

    Problem is, that our AS/400 runs DB2 v7 and I couldn't find
    any way to return only partial results. What's the best way
    to accomplish what I am trying to do? I puzzles me that
    there is almost no help on such a bascic topic...

    Andreas Pardeike