Re: Switching between test and production environment?

From: Twan Kogels (twa..wansoft.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 03:34:26 EST

    Hello,

    I always keep a copy of "DataNode.driver.xml" in the "upload" folder, in
    this "DataNode.driver.xml" i put the database settings for the online
    server. When the next version of the project is ready for production i
    upload the project and afterwards the "DataNode.driver.xml" in the "upload"
    folder. I also keep web.xml in my upload folder because this also contains
    several configuration paths which differ when using local and online.

    Another approach is to define the DataSource cayenne uses in your project,
    when you do that you can forget about "DataNode.driver.xml" and implement
    your own configuration utility. There was a post about this last week (or 2
    weeks ago).

    - Twan