Re: Switching between test and production environment?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 15:43:55 EST

    Tore Halset <halse..vv.ntnu.no> wrote:
    > On Nov 11, 2004, at 9:02, Andreas Pardeike wrote:
    > > I wonder if there is an easy way to switch between driver and/or
    > > table definitions that change between my local dev environment and
    > > my production environment?
    >
    > I am happy with JNDI. My cayenne applications are packed in war's and
    > deployed using jboss+tomcat.

    I'm also using JNDI to handle that situation. I use tomcat and Openbase on
    my dev box and Oracle and Oracle Application Server on production.

    Another possibility you can look into is the cdeploy ant task.

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/deploy/cdeploy.html

    I use that to build a unit test environment that points to a unit testing
    database instance which is not possible via JNDI.

    -Mike