How do you create a custom DB Adapter?

From: Gentry, Michael (michael_gentr..anniemae.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 12:49:52 EST

    I'm trying to create a custom DB adapter for our Sybase database (I need
    a custom PK generator, basically). I subclassed the existing Sybase
    adapter and overrode the createPkGenerator() method and then when into
    the modeler and put the full path to my new adaptor in the "DB Adapter"
    field of the DataNode Configuration section. When I tab or click out of
    it, it changes the field background to a reddish pink color and seems to
    lose the changes.

    I also tried adding in the CLASSPATH preferences the path to the .class
    files, but that didn't work, either.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    /dev/mrg