Re: Best way to inform (and handle cached object refreshing) of externally-updated database records?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 21:28:59 EST

    > Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > > Then how about turning off shared cache all together ("Use Shared Cache"
    > > checkbox for DataDomain). This will put Cayenne in a "1.0 mode" with
    each
    > > DataContext having its own cache. This way new DataContexts will start
    > > empty, and will be filled with fresh data as you run queries or resolve
    > > relationships.

    I'm now using this strategy, but I'm concerned about one thing.

    Since each DataContext uses its own cache, what happens in one session no
    longer is reflected in other sessions, correct?

    I'm probably going to start seeing optimistic locking failures when a
    long-running session tries to update data that a short-time session had
    already reloaded and modified....

    -Mike