Re: NOT NULL fields..

From: Alex Gunawan Wibowo (netzone_tec..ahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 22:16:55 EST

    Ok... I've had a little clue...

    I can use the method "isMandatory()" from
     org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.DbAttribute..

    ( the XML mapping file has property "isMandatory"
    which
    I strongly believe means whether that field has the
    attribute "NOT NULL")
    the question now is how do i instantiate this
    DbAttribute.

    I have this snipplet from the web..
    -------------------------------------
            Iterator it = ent.getAttributes().iterator();
            DbAttribute at = (DbAttribute) it.next();
    --------------------------------------
    Not too sure about this, but I guess that
    "getAttributes()" is a method from class
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.Entity.

    THis is what I think:
     I have to instantiate this Entity class,
     and call it's "setDataMap()" method.
     --> I think setDataMap is setting which XML data
         mapping file.

    Now the problem is, how do i get the DataMapping
    file??
    Is it stored somewhere?
    If it has to be read manually everytime, that will
    really really slow down the whole system (parsing XML
    files)...

    Sorry if this is a bit messy...
    But I hope you get the overall picture..

    Best regards,

    Alex.

    --- Alex Gunawan Wibowo <netzone_tec..ahoo.com>