Change of primary key - need to update others??

From: Alex Gunawan Wibowo (netzone_tec..ahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 06:31:49 EST

    Hello...

    I have a question...
    say my database schema is like this:

    category: _categoryName_ , status

    where categoryName is in String, and it's a primary
    key.
    Other tables are referring to this "category" table,
    e.g.: product: _productId_, categoryName.

    If i change the categoryName of a record in "category"
    table, do I need to look for all records in "product"
    table that has the relationship to the "category"
    table with the old categoryName, and set the new
    categoryName?
    or is cayenne smart enough to handle that in
    background?

    Thanks a lot for the help!

    Best regards,

    Alex Wibowo.