Re: Problem with FK in snapshot

From: Joaquin Arias Buendia (joaqinbuendiaforu..ahoo.es)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 13:13:04 EST

    Hi Andrus! Thank you very much for your interest
    again! I found the problem, and as you said, it was
    caused by relationships, exactly by Primary Key.

    I use AUTO_INCREMENT_PK in my DB, but I need to use
    them on my Java code. Cayenne generate Map.map.xml
    with:

    <db-entity>
       <.... isPrimaryKey="true" isMandatory="true">

    To use PK on my code I wrote

    <db-entity>
       <.... isPrimaryKey="true" isMandatory="false">

    and I created an entry por PK attribute:

    <obj-entiy>
          <and attribute that matches with PK in DB>

    When I create an object I don't give a value for PK,
    because it is AUTO_INCREMENT in DB. That was the
    problem: when I created a new object and relation it
    with other, this one didn't know the PK, because the
    PK will be set in the DB, not by Cayenne.

    The soluction was to write

    <db-entity>
       <.... isPrimaryKey="true" isMandatory="true">

    and set a temporally PK in Cayenne for the object.
    This PK will be rewrite in the DB.

    That was all. I hope you understood everything. Thank
    you very much for your track!!

    Joaquin

    Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!: ˇ250 MB GRATIS!
    Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
    http://correo.yahoo.es