Accessing last commit status

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..laraview.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 14:12:52 EST

    Is it possible to access the result of the most recent commitChanges()
    method call? We are using the DataContext listener to persist the context
    across sessions. If a commit fails and escapes error handling, it becomes
    stuck in the queue ahead of any other changes, causing all subsequent page
    loads to fail when commitChanges() is called. When the context is retrieved
    in a new request, I would like to first check the last action for failure,
    and if discovered, log and remove all newObjects and modifiedObjects.

    It looks like there are events DID_COMMIT and DID_ROLLBACK that DataContext
    relies on internally. I could not find a publicly exposed way to access tbe
    checked at the beginning of each page request to see if there are changes
    that need to be rolled back.
    Is there an easy/proper way to do this, and if not, what would be the best
    way for me to patch DataContext to support it?

    Thanks,

    Cris