RE: Accessing last commit status

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..laraview.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 15:25:08 EST

    > Cris,
    >
    > It is pretty clear now. Still I am unsure why this is a problem...
    >
    > When you get a commit exception you have to handle it
    > somehow, right? So
    > normally you would either (1) revert the DataContext, show an error
    > message and let the user to start from scratch, or (2) do not
    > revert the
    > DataContext and let the user to fix the errors, preserving
    > his uncommitted
    > changes in memory.

    In general, we are using #1 above. However, particularly since Cayenne
    throws RuntimeExceptions, excecptions sometimes slip through the cracks
    undetected. This causes totally unrelated functionality to fail if not
    detecte. I'm trying to come up with a way to detect this situation so that
    one bug does not cause a user's entire session to fall apart.

    Cris