Re: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 09:34:45 EST

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm getting this error when executing a ProcedureQuery in a loop (means
    > often).
    > Do i need to close the Resultset ? If yes, how to do that because i
    > found nothing in the docs about that.
    >
    > Thanks and best regards
    > René

    Haven't seen this one in Cayenne for years, but then I don't use stored
    procedures that much...

    Anyway, unless you use iterated query
    (http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/perform/result-iterator.html)
    Cayenne should close the result set for you. So unless you can find leaks
    in PL/SQL of the procedure itself, I'd say open a bug in Cayenne JIRA. In
    the bug report please include procedure mapping XML, Java code calling the
    query, and if possble - procedure PL/SQL source.

    Thanks
    Andrus