Cayenne for SIM-like game

From: Sax (sanxion200..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 05:32:52 EST

    Hi,
    I'm looking into using Cayenne for an online SIM-like
    game written in Java
    and I need some help with design/implementation.

    I have the following classes:
    House, Room, Furniture, Player

    The Player can edit a Room which means it should
    basically be "locked" while the
    editing is going on. Let's say the Player has added a
    bunch of Furniture to the
    Room, changed the roof, wallpaper and so on. This is a
    process of 10-15 minutes
    involving many objects and changes of fields and
    lists. The changes made to the
    Room should only be saved when the Player hits the
    "save button", upon which
    Cayenne stores all changes to the database. This works
    well with one Player, but
    not 15-30. Because whenver anyone hits the "save
    button" Cayenne will save any
    changes to any object across all Room(s).

    What are my options?

    Regards,
    Dave

    http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250