Cayenne + Spring?

From: James A. Hillyerd (jame..illyerd.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 05:52:48 EST

    Are many people using Cayenne and Spring together? If so, how do you
    have it configured? I'd like to avoid just binding DataContexts to
    threads using a servlet filter, as I don't want to tie my application to
    the web.

    It's almost 3am, so bear with me here... :)

    The layers of my application are (backend to frontend):

    Database
    Cayenne
    DAOs
    Services
    Web Controllers

    Each Service can reference multiple DAOs, and each Web Controller can
    reference many Services.

    The DAOs, Services and Controllers will by default be singletons in
    Spring, and I'd rather keep them that way. Therefore I can't explicitly
    set a DataContext on them within Spring's application context - they
    would be shared by all threads.

    Is there a good Spring-friendly way to bind a DataContext to each thread
    as it enters my DAOs code? Or perhaps maintain a pool of DataContext
    objects to be used by the DAOs?

    Thanks!

    -james

    --