Re: Copy a DataObject

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 10:30:14 EST

    Dave <sanxion200..ahoo.com> wrote:
    > Are there any built in methods to create a copy of a
    > DataObject? I want to add a new row that is the same
    > as a prior. The key would be the only difference.

    I think you could do it by iterating through the "values" protected
    DataObject map.

    Create a new object.
    Iterate through values.
    value = readProperty(key)
    writeProperty(key, values)

    You might find that readPropertyDirectly and writePropertyDirectly will work
    better for you.

    Supporting something like this in DataObjectUtils would be useful, so you
    could submit an enhancement request (and probably a patch) in the Jira issue
    tracker to get it into a future version of Cayenne.

    -Mike