Cayenne managed transactions vs. Container Managed

From: Williams, Beth (beth.william..FIB.ORG)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 10:48:57 EST

    I am currently looking into whether we should use Cayenne to manage our transactions or to use container managed transaction within an EJB environment. I don't have much experience with either so I was curious as to the thoughts and experiences of this user community with this topic. Reading through the Modeler guide there is mention of using Container-Managed Transactions within an EJB environement. Is it typical to do this within an EJB environment as opposed to letting Cayenne handle it? Are there pros and cons someone can share with me to help me with my decisions making. I apologize for such a vague question, but appreciate any input. Thanks.

    Beth