Re: Indices

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 12:36:35 EST

    =?UTF-8?B?Qm9ydXQgQm9sxI1pbmE=?= <cayenn..mail.si> wrote:
    > How do I create the last three "rows" in the above example in Cayenne
    > and what would be the best approach to create such db table at my
    > application startup period?

    There's currently no support in the Cayenne api for doing database
    "metadata" manipulation other than by sending raw sql.

    We've talked about adding index support to the modeller, and I think it
    could happen sometime during 1.2's lifetime.

    There's java code to do database generation in the modeler source tree, but
    I don't know how externally accessible it is.

    Other possiblities are to look at ant's sql task, possibly calling that
    directly from your java code.

    I think there's probably some interest in adding such metadata support to
    Cayenne, but I don't think it's currently a high priority. But, as they
    say, patches are always welcome.

    -Mike