cross-vm cache - group name?

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 02:59:51 EST

    Hello and a happy new year!

    I am trying my application with cross-vm cache turned on for the first
    time and have a question.

    First - my setup: I have a single application packed as a war. We
    deploy several instances of the same war in a single tomcat instance:

    server1:
       customerA.war
       customerB.war

    I use a custom JNDIDataSourceFactory that makes customerA.war connect
    to "java:/customerADS" and customerB.war connect to
    "java:/customerBDS". A and B are two different databases. This way, all
    the war-files are identical. customerA should never notify customerB
    about a cache change.

    In the future we might buy some more servers and go with a setup like
    this:

    server1:
       customerA.war
       customerB.war
    server2:
       customerA.war
       customerB.war

    So customerA on server1 and server2 should notify each other about
    cache changes, but customerA should never notify customerB.

    How can I use DataRowStore remote notify in this setup? I would love to
    *not* use ant to customize the war-files as it is very nice to have
    equal content in all the war-files.

     From the documentation: " Synchronization is only done between remote
    DataDomains with the same name. Note that for JavaGroups configuration,
    a combination of multicast address and port must be unique for each
    DataDomain name.". Should I make javagroups use another group name or
    should I customize the address/port?

    Regards,
      - Tore.