Re: object id's are not sequential - ?

From: Koka (22605..mail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 01:31:05 EST

    Hi,

    I'm having some problems with sequences too (adjusent thread), hope
    gurus will come and solve :). Meanwhile I suspect that order in which
    accumulated changes to database are applyed could not be guaranteed
    (multithreading or some internal optimizations?). IMHO asking for
    sequence ordering sounds a bit unnatural - usually PK-IDs are just
    unique identifiers and one should not care about their actual values.
    So if you care about ordering you should just select sequence next
    value and assign it yourself in the order you need.

    Koka