Auto generated column, how to not insert null

From: Mike D Pilsbury (mik..ekim.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 19:07:32 EST

    I have a column that is defined as having a default value (actually
    CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, but it shouldn't matter). When I create a new object,
    and it gets committed, the generated INSERT sets the column to null. But
    this obviously stops the database from using the default value.

    So what I want to know is how do I configure Cayenne so that it ignores
    the column for INSERTs and UPDATEs, but gets it for selects? I tried
    setting the column to Auto (isGenerated), but that appears to have no
    effect. I know that Hibernate supports this. so I don't doubt that
    Cayenne does too.

    I am a newbie to Cayenne, so I am sure that it is something simple that
    I am not finding, despite searching the docs and the mailing list.

    Mike