Re: Cayenne and JasperReport

From: Gary Jarrel (gar..ybridkinetic.com.au)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 17:29:35 EST

    We recently completed a project using cayenne and jasper reports.

    In my experience the two worked quite well together. Had a procedure
    that returned a number of rows so we were using DaraRow(s). We extended
    to JRBeanCollectionDataSource to sort the List of data rows (2 lines or
    so of code).

    There were a number of operations that had to be done to each record
    before it is written out to the report. So we simply extended the
    JRDefaultScriptlet and overwrote the methods accordingly. Most of the
    transformation logic for each data row went into the scriplet.

    Hope this is of some help.

    Gary