Scalar Types

From: Joel Trunick (joel.trunic..ebifysolutions.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 22:18:46 EST

    I noticed in the mapping tool that there are only choices for object
    types (ie. Integer, Boolean, String). I didn't see any scalars (ie. int,
    char, boolean). When I searched the documentation and newsgroup this
    never seemed to come up. Are scalars supported, and if not, what is the
    common idiom? Do I write scalar getters and setters in my subclass? I
    tend to want to map properties that are nullable as objects (ie.
    Boolean), and those that are not nullable as scalars (ie. boolean).

    Am I missing something basic with Cayenne? Also, can I map a custom type
    (say "PhoneNum", or "Zip")?

    Joel