Re: MySQL Access Error

From: Alex Gunawan Wibowo (netzone_tec..ahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 19:08:48 EST

    Just a quick thought..
    Could be due to the access right for that user
    ("joel") from..ocalhost for the specified table.

    I think MySQL by default has database "mysql" with
    few tables in it. One of the table specifies the
    access rights (including which host the users
    are allowed to access which database from)

    Hope this helps

    best regards,

    Alex Wibowo.
    --- Joel Trunick <joel.trunic..ebifysolutions.com>
    wrote:

    > I realize this may be specific to MySQL, but figured
    > someone here has
    > probably seen this. I seem to connect to the
    > database OK (top 3 lines
    > below), but on commit, it complains that Access
    > Denied (bottom 2 lines),
    > with a _different_ user.
    >
    > What causes this?

    > [junit] Login: joel
    > [junit] Password: *******
    > [junit] INFO QueryLogger: +++ Connecting:
    > SUCCESS.
    > [junit] INFO QueryLogger: LOCK TABLES
    > AUTO_PK_SUPPORT WRITE
    > [junit] INFO QueryLogger: UNLOCK TABLES
    > [junit] Testsuite: go.test.LogicTest
    > [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1,
    > Time elapsed: 0.711
    > sec
    >
    > [junit] Testcase:
    > testCayenne(go.test.LogicTest): Caused an ERROR
    > [junit] [v.1.1 December 6 2004] Commit Exception

    > [junit] at
    > go.test.LogicTest.testCayenne(LogicTest.java:30)
    > [junit] at
    > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
    > Method)
    > [junit] at

    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcces
    > sorImpl.java:39)
    > [junit] at

    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet

    http://mail.yahoo.com