Re: [s] best way for xml outputting

From: Julien Vignali (julien.vignal..im.hcuge.ch)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 05:46:34 EST

    Hi Erdinc,
    In one of our projects, we needed to output populated dataobjects from
    Cayenne to some XML streams for our webservices... We used the
    Opensource Castor project from Exolab (http://www.castor.org).

    Thanks to Castor, marshalling dataobjects to XML was very easy!
    And also, to prevent Castor from invoking the
    getToArrays()/getToParent() methods used for relationships, you can use
    a custom mapping file that indicates which fields Castor should retrieve
    or not (it can access fields through getters() or direct access to class
    attributes...)

    Check the Castor XML framework at
    http://www.castor.org/xml-framework.html for some examples.

    Regards